For over 50 years, the United States Department of Defense has specified Metal photo photosensitive anodized aluminum for durable labels, nameplates, schematics and control panels installed in harsh operating environments. damage control signs. Since then, Metalphoto has been incorporated into several major Army
Marine Corps and Army Depots operate Metalphoto production facilities. All Departments utilize Metalphoto for Item Unique Identification (IUID) barcode labels as specified under MIL-STD-130.
- UV-stable image is permanently sealed within the anodized aluminum.
- Virtually impervious to chemicals, heat, abrasion, salt spray and sunlight.
- Certified for 20 year plus outdoor application.
- Earned more top scores than any other IUID barcode label material tested by the U.S. Navy
(NSWC, Corona Division, IUID Center; August 2011 ).
- Meets a wide array of commercial, government and military specifications.
- Notable certifications include: MIL-STD-130N, STANAG 2290, GGP-4558(3) Type I, MIL-DTL15024F, MIL-P-19834B and A-A-50271 (several others listed on metal photo.com).
- Photographic image affords extreme detail and contrast at any size.
- Anti-counterfeit security printing is available.