For over 50 years, industrial and military engineers have specified Metal photo photosensitive anodized aluminum for durable nameplates, barcode labels, service schematics and control panels installed in harsh operating environments. Metal photos proprietary technology
permanently seals a UV-stable image inside of anodized aluminum, offering the confidence of unparalleled durability, image resolution and barcode readability.
First specified by the United States Navy in 1958, Metalphoto has been performing in demanding marine applications for over 50 years. Metalphotos performance in marine applications is due to its unique combination of resistance to saltwater corrosion, UV/sunlight degradation, abrasion and many solvents. Metalphotos industrial marine resume includes asset tags on workboats, shipping container nameplates and control panels on off-shore marine cranes.
Metalphoto can be produced at your location where and when needed or purchased from worldwide network of approved suppliers. Contact Horizons Imaging Systems Group to get Metalphoto specified into your designs
- UV-stable image is permanently sealed within the anodized aluminum.
- Virtually impervious to chemicals, heat, abrasion, salt spray and sunlight.
- Certified for 20 year plus outdoor application.
- Earned more top scores than any other IUID barcode label material tested by the U.S. Navy
(NSWC, Corona Division, IUID Center; August 2011 ).
- Meets a wide array of commercial, government and military specifications.
- Notable certifications include: MIL-STD-130N, STANAG 2290, GGP-4558(3) Type I, MIL-DTL15024F, MIL-P-19834B and A-A-50271 (several others listed on metal photo.com).
- Photographic image affords extreme detail and contrast at any size.
- Anti-counterfeit security printing is available.